09 September 2004

Today was the first day of classes. I had three to go to and they all look super fun. The first was Anthropology 111 which is a basic look at cultures around the world. With my travelling experiences I've grown fond of other cultures and I can't wait to learn even more. One of the cool things was that the prof said that to be relevant to today's world she was adding a unit on body art and piercing. Right up my alley... The second class I had was English 370- Biography and Autobiography. It's also gonna be awesome cuz it's totally based around discussion and group work. To be honest it's a whole class based around the "book report". We read Biographies and Autobiographies and then share about them in class. That's about it!!! And I love biographies.....we get to pick our own so that'll be cool....I can read about anyone I want to. The last class was Chinese 111. As many of you know I lived and taught in Taiwan. While I was there I studied a little Chinese and did quite well. So this class should be a breeze and a good chance for me to stay in practice. I hope to someday return to Asia and knowing Chinese would make that experience even better. So that was my first day. It looks like it's gonna be a great year !!!

We have our first get together with the senior high kids at Lakeview tomorrow and I'm pretty stressed about that. I want this year to be so good and so smooth and it starts tomorrow. Please pray that the right kids are there and that it all goes down smootly....

No comments:

Archives