23 August 2004

It was quite a weekend. On Saturday...otherwise known as the first day of winter...Nevada and I went to see "Much Ado About Nothing" at Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan. Despite the cold temperature in the tent the show was fabulous. It's not a play that I was familiar with and that made it all the better. I wasn't busy criticizing how it was or wasn't like a different version. It was so funny an a always despite the language barrier the content came across loud and clear. I have a special connection because I've acted with or gone to school with quite a few of the actors and I was so proud of my friends and the job that they did. Special credit goes to Matt Burgess who had me rolling many times, his character was gold but his ability to bring it to life and sell it was spectacular. After the show we headed home to hibernate and warm up.

That night we went for dinner with my mom at Broadway Cafe where Theresa fever had taken over. The place was covered with Theresa Sokyrka posters and it made me feel proud again. I went to school with Theresa and this couldn't have happened to a better person.

Sunday has been a strange day. We went to church this morning and then headed home to finish up the last of Nevada's packing. That's right...today is the day she left for Kindersley. It's sort of empty here tonight at home. It feels like I'm a bachelor again which has its pros and cons but I got married and left that life a long time ago so I'll have to figure out how to live apart from my other half. This whole move and living apart thing will be hard but it was something we needed to do. It allows me to go to school and it allows her to fulfill her dreams of teaching. Trust me...if Saskatoon woudl hire we would've been all over that. Please pray for us....

Lastly...I'm leaving for a 3 day staff retreat tomorrow. It should be a lot of fun and a good time to sort of focus my ministry efforts and get to know the fellow staff members better. I really enjoy the other staff and I can't wait to pick their brains and have them pick mine. So I guess I'll be back with you readers on Thursday...until then good morning, good afternoon, good evening and goodnight.

No comments:

Archives