27 September 2004

The latest series at our church "Faith That Sounds Like...." has been awesome so far. I'll admit that when I heard the idea I thought it was a bit of a stretch but it's been well done and spiritual enlightening. I'm so happy to be a part of a church that is taking risks and trying new things. It's a place where we a free to seek after God through new means and approaches. I can't imagine what it's like to go to a traditional church that is scared to change or try something new. I'm o.k. with traditions if there is a reason for maintaining them but if you never try something different than the stagnancy can become suffocating and kill inspirational creativity. In filling out my Spiritual Gifts Assessment this week I found that my major gifting lies in Creative Communication and I realize that a church that explores different avenues of creativity is the place for me. Even if these explorations fail sometimes the opportunity to try is very important to me. If you're reading this post and you don't do church or are in a church that isn't working for you....I encourage to give Lakeview a try.

No comments:

Archives