01 November 2004

Tonight I'm joining in a new activity. Something to keep my spiritual intellect stimulated...Jack's Cafe..it's a book discussion group that gets together and mulls through the latest Christian books. Since this is my first time checking it out I don't have an opinion yet but I know some of the people going and it should be a good time. The first book we're looking at is "The Ragamuffin Gospel" by Brennan Manning. I seem to often be on a different wavelength then most people so I'm looking forward to creating some controversy.....not that I want to bring discord only that I think in order to learn, all sides of an issue need to be explored not just the safe side or the obvious side...sometimes we need to play devil's advocate so that we really understand why we have chosen our opinion or stance.

No comments:

Archives