11 February 2005

The big decision that I've alluded to a few times has finally been made. Nevada and I have decided to return to Taiwan. We had such an amazing experience the first time and we feel that there is still so much opportunity for us there. Nevada will be working at an American missionary school called Bethany. She will be teaching Band and Social studies...just to make it clear this is a "real" school. It's an American cirriculum and 30%of the students are western. The experience she gains there will count towards her career advancement back in Canada which is great. I will continue to study Chinese in hopes that someday I can incorporate it in a career. As for work...I won't be able to nail down a job until we get there but I am in communication with a Christian English TV station there and I hope that leads to a job. There is a lot of job potential in Taipei because it is a major international city with a need to incorporate English in many ways. We will be leaving in late July...no date is set yet. Although there are some nerves we are really excited and can't wait to embark on our next adventure. God is leading us to such amazing places and I can't wait to find what he has for us around the corner.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you are able to explain your new situation to those that don't understand what it will be like here. I think you will have great opportunities in Taipei. I look forward to hearing about your plans.

Archives