29 March 2005

It's come down to my last two weeks of school so you'll be hearing a lot about that. I have two major essays due and one smaller essay. They'll all be challenging and I suppose that's fitting as they might be the last papers I ever write. I plan to really soak up the essay writing process...even though I may complain about essays sometimes I really do enjoy writing them. When I put together a good essay there is a moment where I can feel the learning happening. A lot of people talk about how university is all about jumping through the hoops but I have definite moments where I know I'm learning and expanding my intellect. It makes it all worthwhile....degree or not. When we were in Taiwan I missed the assignments, essays and exams....there is something about being accountable for the things you're learning. I felt that I was learning and I wanted to have to report back to someone and share my new found knowledge. I also find sometimes that freelance learning is tougher to do. Classes offer structure and focus so that I can process what I'm taking in but when the lessons are learned on a day-to-day basis in the "real" world I don't always realize what I'm learning and I don't always file it in the right part of my brain. I don't know if that makes sense to you. I hope to always continue education...night classes, summer classes...because I want to constantly be testing myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I have spoke with John Hammond, the assistant general manager of the Detroit Pistons, so when you watch the game this Sunday. Raptors vs. Pistons, make sure to look for two big white guys from the west, we will have some pretty sweet seats.
Rob

Archives