19 October 2005

Brrrr...

The weather around here has started to make it's official transition to winter. The temperature had dipped to a daily average of 28 degrees. I know it sounds hot but our bodies have adjusted and it is starting to feel cooler. I need to clarify what cooler is...for the last two and a half months leaving the house means automatic sweat...it means a sunburn from biking outside for longer than 30 minutes...and it means a lot of Air Conditioner use. It is now comfortable to be outside and I can almost last all day in our apartment without turning on the AC. Taipei gets comparably colder in the winter than Kaohsiung. We were told this by most people but with my hot bloodedness I didn't really listen, but if I'm feeling the cool of 28 degrees how cold will I be when it gets down to 13-16 degrees. There have even been rumors of the odd day that hover around zero....since there are no furnaces in the apartments there is no escape. I'm off to put on a longsleeve t-shirt and head out for the evening. Hope you are all enjoying the weather wherever you are on this planet of ours...

No comments:

Archives