10 November 2005

Small group

Tonight I took a step in a good direction. I went to my first small group meeting in Taipei. It will be a good thing for me in several areas of my life. My faith has become very stagnant and I need something to help me get the buzz back. I think this type of group will help because it will be a constant in my week and the guys I'm with will probably push me to be proactive in exploring the questions I have. Another big benefit of being in this small group is that I'll be developing some great friendships. This has been hard so far in Taipei as the foreigner community is less inviting and comfortable. And to be honest I just haven't met a lot of people so it's hard to be here and be lonely. My experience with small groups tells me that we will develop a certain trust and intimacy as we experience life together and that might be just what I need right now. I'll let you know more about our progress when we get rolling...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you have found a group to connect with. It will make a big difference! See you soon!

Michael Turton said...

This has been hard so far in Taipei as the foreigner community is less inviting and comfortable.

That's partly because there are more foreigners there and so people are blase about networking with other foreigners (in Taichung the community is much better), and partly because everyone is very busy, and partly because lots and lots of foreigners here are not very religious, and they don't like people who advocate for exclusivist religions. Very un-Taiwanese, that is.

Michael

Anonymous said...

Nice work Seigs, I'm happy for you. Let's talk. Can you send me your number.

Archives