03 April 2006

Moving right along

I've been waiting to post for a few days cuz I honestly thought that my last post would generate a few more comments and some discussion...usually talk of midgets and whores would do that. But apparently that doesn't interest you.

As I was getting out of the shower this afternoon I had a strange realization. I had been up for 6 hours or so and hadn't spoken a word. It sort of freaked me out, so much so that I had to blurt something out. I think it was something like, "I haven't talked all day." I'm a chatty person most days , you can ask my wife, I natter at her all the time. I thought I would really enjoy this writing job because I could do it on my own time, do it where I want and do it at my own pace. But the lack of social stimulus is getting to me. I am a hermit with a laptop. I've figured out that I need a balance. I will keep writing but I need to find another job that allows me to work with people. It's sad that my only communication most days comes by way of instant messenger or this one sided conversation called a blog.

1 comment:

SarahJ said...

I find myself in the same situation when I have no one to talk to. Although, usually my conversations to myself are longer than one line. I find that I'm getting quite good at holding up my own conversation...anyways, finding another job seems like a good solution!

Archives