05 July 2006

Happy 4th of July and Belated Canada Day

Now that we live and work amongst Americans we've been brainwashed to celebrate American holidays. As much as it seems weird I don't mind because in the end we get twice as many holidays. Last weekend we went McKenzie Family Camping at Lac La Peche and I must say it was awesome. The weather was perfect hovering in the 30s each day, no rain and only a few windy stretches. We did a lot of fishing...yours truly caught 8 fish during the weekend. Only 1 was worth keeping but it was still a lot of fun. I had a few moments where I was struck by the beauty of the Saskatchewan lake experience...one night we drove the boat into this hidden bay, the water was like glass, there were 3 pelicans hanging out and a beaver was swimming across the lake...it made me smile and I was truly relaxed. The whole family was there including the step siblings and for the first time it felt like we were one big happy family. One of the highlights was the game of family Survivor we played. Sheri split the family into two teams and we competed in several events throughout the day: fishing derby, volleyball game, sand castle building and tug'o'war. We had team buffs, we voted for weakest team members, and we even had a confessional camera. My sister-in-law is planning to put together a DVD. My team "22 inches"...get your minds out of the gutter, we were named after the biggest fish we caught...won the whole thing! The whole weekend will go down as one of the highlights of the summer and I'm already anticipating next year's trip.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chester, the weekend was great!Wait till next year I am planning even more now that I know what will work and does not.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Glad you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Hey Geiger, the Elkridge dates have been finalized. It's July 17th (morning) until the 19th. Rumor has it that it will be free!

Melissa said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I'm glad you're enjoying the SK experience!

Archives