18 September 2006

Alive again

My creative spirit has been unleashed again. I've been getting more and more involved in ministry at the church. In fact, I should announce that I've been hired part-time. A lot of what I'm doing is creative stuff: creating media, working on the church's marketing, starting new ministries (film & theology, website, podcast) and basically assisting our pastor where need be. The past two weeks I made some video dramas for the service. Last week was about John who was living life in the dark as a metaphor for living without the Bible, this week I showed John's life in the light (with the Bible. It was fun. I haven't felt this alive in a long time. I'm able to explore my ideas, learn how to use new technologies, meet some like minded people and re-gain a sense of purpose and accomplishment in my daily life. I know that many of you think I'm lazy cuz I don't like to work steady jobs but the truth is that I'm hard working when I'm in my zone. When I'm in place that makes my soul feel good I commit big time. I'm in one of those places now and I'm so excited to do good work and use the gifts God has given me. Maybe I'll post some of my vids on here sometime....to give you a glimpse of what I'm doing. Anyways, I need to get back to watching "Simon Birch", the movie we're watching at tomorrow night's Film & Theology Night @ my house.

1 comment:

Shane Sowden said...

Dude, that is sweet!!! Glad to see you back in ministry and liking it! That video project about John and the Bible sounds cool. I'll keep you in prayer along with the baby. later man

Archives