26 September 2006

Home Sweet Dome

This morning I was up early enough to watch the Monday Night Football game between the New Orleans Saints and the Atlanta Falcons. These aren't teams that I normally follow but today was special. It was the Saints return to New Orleans. It was their first game back in the Superdome since Hurricane Katrina ravaged the city. I didn't catch the pregame show which apparently was something special...U2 and Green Day played and President Bush did the coin toss. I turned the TV on at the beginning of the first quarter. Two plays later, NO blocked a punt and scored a touchdown. The place went crazy! I couldn't help but get a little choked up as I saw 70,000 people come back to life in a city that has been down and out for a while. It was an emotional experience. Just to add to the special nature of this day NO dominated the game and are now 3-0. What a great thing for the people of NO,Louisiana.

No comments:

Archives