05 January 2008

Tired of lying around

It's been a tough start to the New Year for me. Ever since returning from Cebu I've been sick. It's sort of a flu, cold, food poisoning type sick. I guess it's good that I've been sick with Nevada home on vacation. She's been doing a fabulous job of taking care of Gemma while I rotate between sleeping on the couch and in the bed. I'm ready to be back on my feet though.

I've been a bit lazy in the past few months. I've been in a bad staying up late habit and trying to survive through the days with Gemma. I've also stayed away from the gym due to business and injuries. But it's time for a change back to the sort of fit-and-more-health-conscious guy I've been for the last couple of years. I've recently looked at a few pics of myself from a few years back. I was a BIG dude. It was a strange time for me and for some reason I let myself go. I've worked hard in the last couple of years to regain control of my body. And even though I've probably put on a couple pounds lately I'm still proud of where I am compared to before. That being said it's a challenge I must keep facing. So I guess this post is a bit of a New Year's resolution. I want to get back into the gym, I want to get back into the habit of eating fruits and veg and I want to sleep like a normal person.

3 comments:

Andy Wu said...

加油!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you all got a parasite, should see a doctor if the sickness continues.
Mom

Grandpa Steve said...

Sorry you are feeling ill. Sometimes being warmer than Canada just isn't enough to make life fun.

Super great pics of Cebu!

I pray for you often that you and Nevada will be strengthened and encouraged.

Archives