18 March 2008

Uneventful St.Paddy's Day

St.Patrick's Day came and went yesterday without much fanfare...for me at least. The only real mention of it was when Nevada pinched me at lunch time and said "You're not wearing any green." Normally St.Patrick's day isn't a super special holiday but it is a day that I like to set aside some time to think about my experience in Ireland and, since turning 19, it's been a night set aside to hang out with friends over a Guiness or cheap green beer. This year it basically slipped my mind that it was March 17, as you can imagine Irish Catholic based holidays are not big in Chinese culture, so there wasn't much to warn me. Also, I'm off alcohol for lent so I've made it a point not to focus on making plans to go for drinks. Truth be told though, I can't wait to have my next frothy Guiness.....mmmm...a meal in glass. There's always next year...

1 comment:

Grandpa Steve said...

interesting choice for Lent............

How are other things going? Drop an email.

Stevo

Archives