19 August 2006

Here kitty kitty

I posted earlier that I wanted to post again and to be honest I was lacking material but Taiwan came through like it always does. As I was walking to school to work out (which I'm back in the habit of doing and enjoying a lot) I saw a woman knocking on the hood of her car to show a guy that there was a cat in the engine. I thought it was a bit funny but I kept on my way and assumed the cat word just jump out and scatter eventually. I worked out for an hour and then it was time to head home. It was pouring rain out but I only needed to walk for about 30 secs to our house. As I ran out of the schoolyard I saw a crowd of people gather around that car. The lady and her friend were there but there were two onlookers under umbrellas, a mechanic, a fireman and a police officer. It sort of warrants a joke like "how many Taiwanese does it take to get a cat out of an engine?" The cat was still stuck. I guess that's not so funny, especially for you feline lovers, but it is funny that the whole cavalry was there to solve the problem. I thought fireman saving cats was an old joke but it's alive an well in the rainy streets of Taiwan. Meow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She could have just turned the car on to solve her problem. By the way, I have a book for sale, I will post the link, but I am not sure if I can post a hyperlink here.
http://www.lulu.com/content/377871

Anonymous said...

sorry, there is a way I can post a hyperlink. If you don't like me flogging my book, feel free to remove this post

Archives