04 December 2006

Back to the real world

I've had the last week off from work and my regular tasks but now it's time to get back at it. It's weird cuz I find it so hard to concentrate on the "regular" things. The baby and baby related stuff is on my mind all the time and takes a lot of time and energy. With Christmas season upon us things at church are picking up and there is a bit of a buzz. That means I need to step up my game and make sure the Sunday services are awesome and the special events are just that, special. The basketball team I coach is also in action now, our season began with a loss exposing our lack of fundamental talent but our energy and hustle should get us through the next couple games as we work on the basic skills in practice. Life doesn't stop even when you have a baby. I applaud other parents and especially those who have several children. You are truly models of excellent time management, endurance and multi-tasking. I look forward to becoming better at these skills.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I never did get good at the time management ,multitasking thing.They all turned out okay in the end anyway. You don't have to give in to the 'I need to be a superparent' thing that is so much a pressure these days. You just have to love lots and do the best you can with the gifts and abilities you have.And ask for help lots. It really does take a village to raise a child. You are not alone.

Anonymous said...

reminding you and others that I am part of your village, have become part of Nevada's village and now Gemma is part of the village. Hey, I suspect your village may even include a part of Ireland.

Archives